Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Overview Carnegie Day, instituted in 1913, was a celebration of Andrew Carnegie’s birthday in which the Carnegie Tech community gathered to enjoy music from the school band, announcements of scholarships and honoraries, and a speech from an individual selected by Tech’s President. The collection consists of programs, correspondence, memos, drafts of speeches, tickets and other ephemera.
Overview This collection contains published and unpublished annual reports, published historical documents, and unpublished notes and correspondence related to the Carnegie Institute and its function as the parent organization for the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, The Carnegie Museums, and the Carnegie Institute of Technology. It also includes material related to the annual Founder's Day celebration put on by the Carnegie Institute.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1907-1940; 1903-1959
Overview The School College Orientation Program in Pittsburgh (SCOPP) began as a joint program between the university and the Pittsburgh Public Schools to help academically and economically disadvantaged students prepare for college. SCOPP merged with its national counterpart, Upward Bound, in 1966. C-MAP began in 1968 to address problems facing ethnically diverse students at the college level. In the 1980s, C-MAP broadened its efforts to incude Lantix, Hispanic, and Native American studnets.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1966-2005; 1963-2005
Overview The Carnegie Mellon University Student Publications Collection consists of publications written, created, and published by Carnegie Mellon students from the University's founding to the present day. Publications include humour magazine, arts and literature reviews, and various newsletters.
Abstract The James F. Coakley Collection comprises class notes and other student memorabilia. James F. Coakley graduated from Carnegie Institute of Technology in the early 1950s. The collection contains class notes from 1951-1955, three cardboard essay booklets, one loose-leaf notebook, and various scapbook pages of "Carnegie theater" productions.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1951-1955
Overview This collection contains the papers of William W. Cooper (1914-2012), the father of Management Science and founder of Data Envelopment Analysis. At Carnegie Mellon University, Cooper was a professor in the Tepper School of Business (then the Graduate School of Industrial Administration) and he was founding dean of the H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management (then the School of Urban and Public Affairs). The collection consists of 85 linear feet of papers, photographs, and...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960-1990; 1887 - 2012
Overview The General Photographs Collection consists of consists of prints, transparencies, and negatives documenting the history of Carnegie Mellon University from the early 1900s to the 2000s. Subjects include Carnegie Mellon University faculty, staff, administrators, students, alumni, benefactors, and visitors; academic programs, research centers and university offices; events, athletics, student activities, reunions, commencements, and other activities; and campus scenes, campus architecture, and...
Dates: c. 1900-2006
Overview This collection contains the papers of Albert May who graduated from Carnegie Tech in 1921 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. A bulk of the materials document May’s involvement in Carnegie Mellon activities after graduation, including materials realted to reunions and commencements.
Overview Scrapbook documenting Nancy McKenna's experience as part of the 1939 "Sugar Bowl Court". Carnegie Tech lost 15-7 to Texas Christian in that year's Sugar Bowl.
Scope and Contents note This collection contains the administrative papers of Edward R. Schatz, Ph.D. stored in 20 record center boxes (20 cubic feet). The collection comprises correspondence, memoranda, reports, contracts, proposals, minutes, legal material, publications, speeches, notes, surveys, grants, blueprints, press releases, and data spreadsheets. The papers are arranged into five series reflecting the role and responsibilities of Schatz as a member of the Carnegie Mellon community: Series I. Faculty Member...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1964-1987; 1940-1996
- Names: Carnegie Institute of Technology X
- Carnegie Institute of Technology--Commemoration 2
- Carnegie Mellon University--Faculty 2
- Universities--Carnegie Mellon University 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Education and the war 2
- Academic-industrial collaboration 1
- Accounting 1
- Black-and-white negatives 1
- Business education--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh. 1
- Business schools. 1
- Campus planning. 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--Administration 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--History. 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--Humanities and Social Sciences 1
- Carnegie Mellon University. Mellon Institute 1
- College discipline 1
- College students--Political activity. 1
- College students. 1
- Community and college--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Computer science 1
- Diversity in higher education 1
- Economics. 1
- Education--Research 1
- Educational counseling--Administration. 1
- Engineering schools--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Industrial management--Mathematical models. 1
- Macroeconomics. 1
- Management Science 1
- Management games. 1
- Management--Research. 1
- Minority college students--Recruiting--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Minority college students--Services for--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Operations research. 1
- Photographs 1
- Scholarships--Pennsylvania. 1
- Scholarships--United States. 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Spring Carnival 1
- Student Publications -- Pennsylvania -- Pittsburgh -- History 1
- Student activities--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Sugar Bowl (Football game) 1
- The University of Texas at Austin. Center for Cybernetic Studies. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges--Faculty. 1
- Women in education--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Education and the war 1 ∧ less
- Hamerschlag, Arthur Arton, 1872-1927 2
- Beta Theta Pi. Gamma Iota Chapter (Carnegie Institute of Technology) 1
- Carnegie-Mellon University. Football 1
- Cooper, William W. (William Wager), 1914-2012 1
- Hill, Gloria 1