Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents The Computer Science Videotape Collection contains over 400 videos of compelling lectures, discussions, classes, and demonstrations led by computer science pioneers from Carnegie Mellon University, private industry and other academic institutions. The videos were recorded between 1970 and 1993 and feature more than 20 Turing Award winners, as well as many under-recognized scientists and practitioners. Topics range from artificial intelligence, computer graphics, and robotics, to nascent...
Scope and Contents This collection contains the academic, personal, familial, and professional works of John Patrick Crecine, PhD, stored in 122 archival acid-free boxes. The collection includes publications, lecture materials, business correspondence, computer program designs, teaching materials, letters, E-mail printouts, contracts and administrative reports regarding John Patrick Crecine’s diverse academic, corporate, administrative, and family histories. The collection is divided into 6 Series:...
Dates: Majority of material found within Bulk, 1960-2008; 1948-2008
Overview This collection consists of 16 linear feet of papers pertaining to the former Dean of the School of Computer Science's research in the areas of programming languages, software engineering, and programming environments.
Overview The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University was established in 1979 to conduct basic and applied research in robotics technologies relevant to industrial and societal tasks. The Robotics Institute Collection consists of materials related to the history of the Institute and some of the research conducted there.
Scope and Contents note This collection contains the administrative papers of Edward R. Schatz, Ph.D. stored in 20 record center boxes (20 cubic feet). The collection comprises correspondence, memoranda, reports, contracts, proposals, minutes, legal material, publications, speeches, notes, surveys, grants, blueprints, press releases, and data spreadsheets. The papers are arranged into five series reflecting the role and responsibilities of Schatz as a member of the Carnegie Mellon community: Series I. Faculty Member...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1964-1987; 1940-1996
Overview This collection pertains to the development of the School of Computer Science at Carnegie Mellon University. The collection consists of 9 boxes of materials and includes a selection of video-taped lectures from the early 1970s.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1970-1979; 1955-2009
Content Description This collection contains the papers of Herbert A. Simon, Ph. D., arranged in 12 topical series. The collection has been processed for research use. Some oversized awards to Dr. Simon are kept in the Fine and Rare Book Room.The collection includes: scientific papers by Simon and others; project reports and research proposals; lecture materials, book and paper drafts, publications and journal article reprints; personal papers and awards; external correspondence, CMU interoffice...
- Subject: Computer science X
- Computer science 6
- Artificial intelligence. 2
- Carnegie Mellon University--Administration 2
- Robotics. 2
- Universities and colleges--Faculty. 2
- Academic-industrial collaboration 1
- Campus planning. 1
- Carnegie Institute of Technology--Commemoration 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--Faculty 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--Humanities and Social Sciences 1
- Carnegie Mellon University. Mellon Institute 1
- College discipline 1
- College students--Political activity. 1
- College students. 1
- Community and college--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Computer science--Study and teaching. 1
- Education--Research 1
- Engineering schools--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Higher Education and state--United States--History--20th Century--Sources 1
- Military Research 1
- Moving Images 1
- Operating systems (Computers) 1
- Programming languages (Computers) 1
- Student activities--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1
- Undergraduates 1
- Universities and colleges--Graduate work 1
- Universities--Carnegie Mellon University 1
- Women in education--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1 ∧ less
- Simon, Herbert A. (Herbert Alexander), 1916-2001 2
- Carnegie Institute of Technology 1
- Carnegie-Mellon University. College of Humanities and Social Sciences 1
- Carnegie-Mellon University. Software Engineering Institute 1
- Crecine, John P., 1939- 1