Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview This collection contains the papers of William W. Cooper (1914-2012), the father of Management Science and founder of Data Envelopment Analysis. At Carnegie Mellon University, Cooper was a professor in the Tepper School of Business (then the Graduate School of Industrial Administration) and he was founding dean of the H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management (then the School of Urban and Public Affairs). The collection consists of 85 linear feet of papers, photographs, and...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960-1990; 1887 - 2012
Overview Richard Cyert was President of Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) from 1972 to 1990, an active member of CMU’s Graduate School of Industrial Administration, and a recognized pioneer in management theories of the firm. This collection contains contains documents generated by Cyert’s interests and activities not directly associated with his presidency of CMU and includes correspondence, photographs, video, and other miscellaneous materials.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1995-1998; 1962-1999
Overview This collection contains the records of the Margaret Morrison Carnegie College which over its seventy years offered day and evening classes to provide students with practical, vocational training focused on the home.
Overview The Allan H. Meltzer Papers, which date from 1958-2012, document Meltzer's career as an economist and professor of political economy at Carnegie Mellon University's Tepper School of Business. Included are papers published in academic journals, mainstream magazines and newspapers, unpublished materials, correspondence and press, as well as materials that document his role in the Shadow Open Market Committee (SOMC) and The International Financial Institution Advisory Commission (IFIAC).
Overview This collection contains the papers of the Tepper School of Business (formerly called the Graduate School of Industrial Administration, or GSIA) whose purpose was to build on the technical skills of individuals in management positions by providing the communication and analytical decision-making skills the they needed to be successful in business. Included in the collection are theses, annual reports, administrative records, publications, brochures and videos.
- Subject: Economics. X
- Economics. 4
- Business education--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh. 2
- Business schools. 2
- Industrial management--Mathematical models. 2
- Macroeconomics. 2
- Management games. 2
- Management--Research. 2
- Operations research. 2
- Academic-industrial collaboration 1
- Accounting 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--Faculty 1
- Carnegie Mellon University--History. 1
- Economic policy. 1
- Executives--Training of. 1
- Federal Reserve banks. 1
- Home economics. 1
- Management Science 1
- Monetary policy. 1
- Secretaries--Education 1
- Social work education. 1
- The University of Texas at Austin. Center for Cybernetic Studies. 1
- United States. Air Force. 1
- United States. Army. 1
- United States. Navy. 1
- Universities and colleges--Graduate work 1
- Universities--Carnegie Mellon University 1
- Women college students--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh 1 ∧ less
- Cooper, William W. (William Wager), 1914-2012 2
- Cyert, Richard Michael, 1921-1998 2
- Carnegie Institute of Technology 1
- International Financial Institution Advisory Commission 1
- International Monetary Fund 1